We're sorry to hear you're considering leaving Kik!
Deactivating your account means:
- You'll no longer receive Kik messages, or emails from us at Kik
- Your Kik username won't be searchable anywhere
- Your name will be deleted from the Kik contacts lists of people you've talked to
To deactivate your account, you must have access to the email registered to your Kik.
To deactivate your account:
- Tap Settings
- Select Your Account
- Tap Log Out
- Enter the email address that's registered to your Kik account on our deactivation website.
- We'll send you an email with a link to deactivate your account.
If you or someone you know has searched for, or sent messages to your account from a phone, your profile will be cached on the device. This means that it may be a few days before it disappears from the phone. Any new contacts who search for your username won't be able to find your account.
You can always reactivate your account by signing back in. If you've forgotten your password, you can always reset it, as long as you have access to the email that's registered to it.
Thanks for giving Kik a try!