We’re so excited to hear you’d like to join Kik! Your email address can only be associated with one Kik account at a time. If you see a message that your email is already associated with an account, and you don’t have any existing accounts, it’s possible another user entered your email address when registering their account.
When the account was registered, we would have sent a confirmation email to your address. Try these steps:
- Check your inbox and your junk mail/spam folder for a recent email from us.
- If you find a recent email, click the Didn’t sign up for Kik? link at the bottom of the email to remove your email address from the account.
You’ll now be able to sign up using your email address.
Can’t see a recent confirmation email from us? No worries. The account might have been created a while ago, but with your email address registered to it, you have control over it and will still be able to remove your email and register your own account:
- Enter your email address here to request a new password for the account.
- Check your inbox for an email from us containing a link to reset the password for the account.
- Follow the steps in the email to reset the password.
- Sign in to the account using your email address and new password.
- Resend the confirmation email for the account. Check out I didn't get a confirmation email. What do I do? to resend the email.
- Check your email for a confirmation message from us and click the Didn't sign up for Kik? link at the bottom of the email to remove your email address from this account.
- Sign out of the account:
a. Go to Settings
b. Select Your Account
c. Select Log Out
You'll now be able to register an account for yourself with your email :)
If you’re using an older version of Kik you’ll see “Reset Kik” instead of “Log Out”.