Spread some GIF awesomeness to really express how you feel about cats, pizza, and homework.
On your iPod, iPhone, or Android with the latest version of Kik:
- Tap the GIF icon below Type a message... to open the GIF tray.
- You can:
Search for GIFs using the emoji keyboard or search box
Check out trending GIFs
Browse Featured GIFs by Hashtag
- Tap the GIF You want to send
- Tap the Send button at the bottom right corner of the GIF
- Make sure you keep an eye on the Featured tab to check out specially curated GIFs relating to the category you choose.
- If you're using an iOS device, press and hold a GIF in your chat to copy it. You'll then be able to paste the GIF to send it in any chat. Just tap the "Type a message ..." field and then tap Paste. GIFs you paste into a chat will appear as an image.
- If you're using an older version of Kik, GIFs will appear as videos. You can choose to automatically play videos and GIFs you receive: from your Kik Settings, tap Chat Settings, then Auto Play Videos.
- There isn't currently a way to save GIFs. You can forward them to your friends though! In your chat, just press and hold the GIF you want to forward.