If you receive unwanted messages from someone, you have the option to ‘Report’ the user. When you report a user using our in-app reporting feature, you can choose to include your chat history with that person.
Report a user by following the steps below:
With messages from the person in the chat:
- In the chat, tap their profile picture
Without messages from the person in the chat:
- In the chat, tap the Display Name > at the top of the chat
- Tap the three vertical dots icon in the top right corner of the Info screen
- Tap Report User
- Choose from the following:
- I don’t want to talk to them
- This is a spam bot
- This person is being abusive
I don’t want to talk to them: you would report a user for this in instances where you're receiving unwanted messages.
This is a spam bot: you would report an account for this in instances where you're receiving messages from a spam bot.
This person is being abusive: you would report a user for this in instances where you're receiving abusive or harassing messages.
Once you report the user you’ll have the option to keep or remove the chat. If you choose to keep the chat, the user will be blocked and the chat history will be saved in your chat list. If you choose to remove the chat, the user will be blocked and your chat history with them will be removed from your account.
NOTE: When you report with your chat history, it doesn't send us a copy of any of your other chats, and it doesn't give us access to your account. Your reported chat history is only stored for a short period of time to allow us to investigate the report, and take action when we believe it's appropriate (in some cases, this may include reporting to law enforcement agencies).
You can also get in touch with our Support team here to report a user to us.
- Info on how to report a group chat, and how to report a member of a group can be found in this FAQ.
- Details on what happens when you block someone on Kik can be found here.